New Website Coming Soon
Jan Goddard and Associates (now Goddard Gamage Stephens LLP) was chosen as one of the Top 5 Trusts and Estates Boutique Firms in the January 2013 edition of Canadian Lawyer. The magazine noted that
- A large-firm lawyer who recommended the firm pointed to its expertise and results in trust and estates litigation and guardianship disputes and went on to say that the firm "excels at elder law. "
Goddard Gamage Stephens LLP is a leading estates and elder law boutique law firm in Toronto.
The firm's practice is focused on:
- Power of attorney, guardianship and estate litigation
- Planning for disability and death through the preparation of wills and trusts, including:
- Henson and ODSP trusts
- Private, public and mutual wills
- Insurance, alter ego and inter vivos trusts
- Mediation of guardianship, powers of attorney and estate disputes
- Estate Administration
- Passing of Accounts in estate, trust, guardianship and power of attorney matters
- Variations of trusts
The firm has extensive experience in serving:
- The interests of incapable individuals and minors
- Older persons
- Family members in conflict over substitute decision making and property issues
- Family members of disabled or catastrophically injured persons
- Trustees and beneficiaries in estate and trust matters
- Individuals requiring estate planning advice and document preparation
Jan Goddard, Nimali Gamage and Debra Stephens are partners of the firm. Their associates are Heather Mountford, Kaylie Handler and Kathryn Balter.